Full ICP packages for commercial HV solar farms
EDA were engaged by WHEB Infrastructure on two high profile HV solar farm connection projects. A full ICP package was required – Design, Supply, Construct & Commission.
- Install 10,000m 33kV cable.
- Design and Build DNO substation using Siemens Switchgear.
- Complex delivery programme due to major crossings, cable route traversed the A10, a high pressure gas pipeline and a small river.
- Complex TMA and full noticing with all 3rd party noticing requirements.
- Budget: circa £800,000.
- Install 2,700m 33kV.
- Design & Build DNO substation using Siemens Switchgear.
- Interface between ECP, DNO and client.
- All TMA and Section 50 notices.
- Budget: circa £500,000.
All associated civils work, mechanical and electrical, including full reinstatement in difficult ground conditions and weather.
The end result
EDA delivered the approved electrical design work, and installed a sound electrical network in accordance with the relevant standards and DNO specifications, liaising with all parties including Local Highways, National Grid and the Environmental Agency, to connect the solar farms, within budget, achieving our client’s Renewable Obligations (ROC) target.
Client: WHEB Infrastructure
Location: Norfolk, UK
Project: Full 33kV ICP Package
Services: Procurement; 33kV Construct, Commission and Installation; Project Management; Full Civils Works Including Reinstatement; Traffic Management